Paula Huggins. Counselling Therapist using Expressive Art modalities combined with ETA’s Sandplay Therapy and Symbol Work. Masters Degree in Social Science (Counselling). Diploma in Managing Learning Disorders and Child Psychology. Graduate Dip. in Parent Coaching.
I draw supportive strategies from a myriad of workshops and trainings attended: Non-Violent Communication. Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy. Strengths-based interventions. Appreciative Inquiry. Virtues Project Trainer. Dialectic Behavioural Therapy. Inter-Personal Neuro-Biology. Sensory-Motor Art Therapy. Trauma-Informed top-down and bottom-up approaches. ASIST-trained. Parent Coaching. Family Constellations. Proud mother of two sons: one now at University in the UK and one attending Sixth Form College here in Singapore soon to be a National-Service Man. Singapore-based. London-born.
Changing the World One Colour at a Time.
Supporting children (9+), pre-adolescents, teens and adults across the developmental spectrum with a variety of challenges:
- Life transitions – arriving, leaving, birthing, dying, marrying, divorcing – the wheel never stops turning. Sometimes we feel stuck, unable to make sense of what life is throwing at us or to discern our next steps. My support is empathetic, connected, supportive and encouraging. Sometimes we feel fearful, overwhelmed, despondent. I support you or your children to journey on the road less-travelled. The one that allows you to plug back into your inner strength, your creativity and innate wisdom. I hold the belief that my clients always know what to do for their own higher good when given the opportunity to step back and explore from different angles.
- Parenting – is a skill that we pick up along the way. I offer coaching and support for parents who are already doing the best they can but want to find better ways managing their parenting role and their busy lives.
- Anxiety is endemic in our culture and manifests in many ways. I offer practical strategies and encouraging support. I empower my clients to use external tools as well as their own innate knowledge of what works best for them, tapping into their internal resources.
- Self-harming, disordered-eating patterns, recovering from alcohol abuse or addictive behaviours? I work with those seeking to unearth the underlying patterns, the habitual thinking, the negative self-sabotaging beliefs that drive self-destructive behaviours.
- Finding it difficult to sustain friendships or communicate effectively with others? I use the NVC framework developed by Dr Marshall Rosenberg to provide a gentle introduction to building the communication skills we need to have positive relationships based on mutual and empathetic understanding of ourselves and others.
- Coping with the illness or death of loved ones – or your own illness? As a breast cancer survivor (15 years and no longer counting!), I have faced my own mortality and lived to tell the tale. I’m honoured when asked to support others’ on their journey to wellness.
To make an appointment, in person or via Skype Book Session / Contact Me